Register Now! CDRPC Planning & Zoning Workshop on October 28, 2022
Join us on Friday, October 28th for our for our Fall Planning & Zoning Workshop. We’ll return to the Hudson Valley Community College for a day of engaging sessions led by dynamic speakers. Training credits will be available for planning board and zoning board of appeals members and professionals seeking AICP credits. In addition to training on planning and zoning topics, we’ll feature additional tracks that appeals to a cross-section of municipal professionals. Courses will be of interest to:
- Code Enforcement Officers
- Local Elected Officials
- Municipal Clerks and Financial Officers
- Planning Board Members
- Zoning Board of Appeals Members
- Stormwater Managers
- and more
Check in opens at 8:30.
9:00am: Plenary – Recreational Marijuana Implications for Planning and Zoning in NYS (1.5cm)
10:45: Coffee break
11:00: Concurrent Session #1 Options (1 cm)
- Planning Case Law Update (This session will be submitted for 1 CM Law)
- Short-Term Rentals – Balancing Local Impacts and Economic Benefits (presented by Speaker Sponsor the Laberge Group)
12:45: Concurrent Session #2 Options (1cm)
- Adapting Planning Board Procedures for the Digital Age (presented by Speaker Sponsor Delaware Engineering)
- Climate Action Planning (This session will be submitted for 1CM Sustainability & Resilience)
1:45: Coffee Break
2:00: Concurrent Session #3 Options (1cm)
- Ethical Considerations for Boards (This session will be submitted for 1CM Ethics)
Underwrite Our Event!
Five sponsor levels are available. Sponsorships help defray costs to attendees and ensure the event is affordable. They are also a great way to promote your brand and excellent work in our communities.
Breakfast Sponsor: $1000 (Option of guaranteed session with choice of time slot, exhibitor table, promotional material at breakfast, prime acknowledgement in all printed and digital materials, recognition on event poster board, 4 registrations)*
Lunch Sponsor: $1000 (Option of guaranteed session with choice of time slot, exhibitor table, promotional material at lunch, prime acknowledgement in all printed and digital materials, recognition on event poster board, 4 registrations)*
Coffee Sponsor: $750 (exhibitor table, prime acknowledgement in all printed and digital materials, promotional material at two coffee breaks, recognition on event poster board, 2 registrations)*
Speaker Sponsor: $500 (Option of guaranteed session, exhibitor table, acknowledgement in all printed and digital materials, recognition on event poster board, 2 registrations)
Event Sponsor: $250 (Acknowledgement in all printed and digital materials, recognition on event poster board, 1 registration)
*Breakfast and Lunch Sponsor levels a exclusive
Thank you to our sponsors!
Click the links below for archived presentations from our past workshop in 2019.
Plenary Session: Density and Development
- Model Solar Law and Battery Energy Storage System Resources
- Clean Heating and Cooling
- Climate Smart Communities Grant Opportunities: Overview of the Climate Smart Communities Program Grants
Planning and Zoning Track
- Case Law Update
- Ethics for Public Officials
- What you need to know about the 2018 Amendments to the Statewide SEQR Regulations
- Is Your Community Ready for Agriculture?
- Updates to the NYS MS4 General Permit
- Infrastructure and the Grants Game
- Site Plan Review – Stormwater and Planning Boards
Do you have session topic ideas for our fall workshop ?
We’d love to hear them! drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org