Job Opportunities at CDRPC
CAPITAL DISTRICT REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION FALL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
The Capital District Regional Planning Commission (CDRPC) seeks an energetic and enthusiastic Planning Intern who will work primarily with program staff on a wide variety of tasks including general administration, communications, and program implementation. CDRPC program areas include data analysis and visualization, water quality, economic development, sustainability/clean energy, and human services.
CDRPC is a regional planning and resource center serving Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, and Schenectady counties. CDRPC supports planning, sustainability, economic development, water-quality, and human services programs that have inter-municipal or regional impact. CDRPC provides objective analysis of data, trends, opportunities, and challenges relevant to the Region’s economic development and planning communities. CDRPC serves the best interests of the public and private sectors by promoting intergovernmental cooperation; communicating, collaborating, and facilitating regional initiatives; and sharing information and fostering dialogue on solutions to regional problems.
More information about CDRPC is available at www.cdrpc.org.
- Assist tracking projects, deadlines, and deliverables
- Provide assistance researching, reviewing, writing, and editing reports, plans, and technical assistance materials
- Assist the staff in communications including developing content for web and social media
- Assemble and edit CDRPC’s digital communications and email newsletter
- Assist program staff on filing, record keeping, organization of program materials
- Maintain databases
- Assist with grant applications, reports, and vouchers
- Assist with GIS database development, mapping and analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, Adobe Suite, and WordPress
- Experience with GIS
- Excellent writing, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Enrolled in an accredited master’s degree program in planning, public administration or a related field. Exceptional Undergraduate candidates with compatible academic and work experience will also be considered.
$17 per hour
15-29 hours per week, flexible schedule. Internship is initially from August-December with potential continuation for additional semester(s).
Please submit a resume and cover letter by August 1, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org
CDRPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Capital District Regional Planning Commission (CDRPC) is seeking proposals for professional consultant services to assist with the development of a regional Climate Action Plan (CAP) for the eight-county Capital Region (Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga, Rensselaer, Warren, Washington, Columbia, and Greene Counties). Full RFQ can be found here: CDRPC CPRG CAP RFQ Final
Due Date: 7/24/23
Director of Sustainability