Job Opportunities at CDRPC
Capital District Regional Planning Commission
The Capital District Regional Planning Commission (CDPRC) is seeking applicants for a full‐time position as an Environmental Planner. A range of planning and analytical skills are required to support our planning technical assitance, economic development and water quality programs. The position will be responsible for project management, data analysis, technical assistance, plan-writing, and public speaking. Other duties will include writing and reviewing publications and related program content, and other special projects. A full description of the position and how to apply can be found at https://cdrpc.org/about-us/opportunities-at-cdrpc . Closing date: February 29, 2024.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Work with public boards, agencies and organizations.
- Cultivate partnerships with communities and organizations.
- Familiarity with comprehensive planning, economic development studies, and environmental planning.
- Draft Drinking Water Source Water Protection Plans and develop recommendations for new or programmatic changes to existing programs to protect drinking water.
- Review and develop model local code and programs to help communities implement Green Infrastructure
- Provide direct technical assistance to communities and organizations on a variety of local and regional planning topics.
- Use strong communication skills to communicate with stakeholders, the public and elected officials.
- Grant writing and grant application support for outside stakeholders and organizations.
- Be an expert participant on task forces related to regional planning and water quality activities and initiatives.
Qualifications: The minimum qualifications for the position include: a Master’s degree or equivalent experience in planning, economic development, public administration or related field; at least one year of experience in planning, economic development, public administration or related field; proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience with ArcGIS, Tableau, IMPLAN, and WordPress preferred; strong interpersonal skills and comfortable making presentations to small and large audiences; self‐starter who can demonstrate initiative; strong report writing and editing skills; and familiarity with state and federal funding sources preferred.
- The salary range for this position is $58,600 – $79,300 depending on education and experience. Includes generous health care benefits, membership in the New York State and Local Retirement System, deferred compensation savings plan, paid family leave, and optional flex spending and dependent care savings accounts.
CDRPC is an Equal Opportunity employer and follows Affirmative Action policies. Qualified women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. All interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject “Environmental Planner” to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, February 29th, 2024.