Stay tuned for announcements regarding our next series offering.
Planning board and zoning board of appeals members are required by state statute to obtain four hours of training a year. Town, village and city zoning board of appeals and planning board members, as well as county planning board members must receive training. This webinar series will also provide an opportunity for local government professionals from across the board to sharpen their skills, obtain credits, learn about trends and regulations, meet the experts and find out about funding opportunities.
AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for these activities. When CM credits are available, they are noted at the end of an activity description. More information about AICP’s CM program can be found at www.planning.org/com. AICP members must be in attendance for the duration of the event in order to receive CM Credit.
The Spring 2021 Webinar Series has Concluded
Presentation materials are archived at https://cdrpc.org/webinararchive. CM Credit info can be found below.
- March 17 – “CapitalRegionIndicators.org and Other Data Tools and Resources” – presented by CDRPC (CM #9213151)
- March 24 – “Comprehensive Plans: Gaining a Competitive Advantage for Your Community” – Presenting Sponsor the MRB Group (CM# 9213217)
- March 31 – “Delivery Models for Resilience: A Case Study for New York’s Great Lakes Basin” – Presenting Sponsor Bergmann (CM #9214105)
- April 7 – “Review Board Procedures: The Who, What & How to Achieve Development Success” – Presenting Sponsor Barton & Loguidice (CM #9212775)
- April 14 – “Engaging the Public in the COVID-19 Era – Lessons Learned from the “New Normal” Presenting Sponsor the MRB Group (CM #9213218)
- April 28 – “Achieving Sustainability through Infrastructure Planning” Presenting Sponsor Delaware Engineering (CM# 9213222)
- May 5 at *10:30am* – “Not In My Backyard: Community Opposition to Land Use Applications” – M. Elizabeth Coreno, Esq., P.C. (1.5 hours) (CM#9214524)
- May 12 – “Farm Friendly Zoning to Increase Agricultural Resiliency” – Presenting Sponsor Community Planning & Environmental Associates (CM #9213149)
- May 19 – “Building a Walkable & Accessible Capital Region for All” – Presented By the Capital District Regional Planning Commission (CM #9214107)
- May 26 – “Planning Infrastructure for Natural Resiliency & Green Solutions” – Presenting Sponsor The Laberge Group (CM# 9214511)
- June 2 – “Clean Energy and Your Comprehensive Plan: Guidance for Local Governments” – Presented by NYSERDA (CM #9213206)
- June 9 – “Drinking Water Source Water Projection and The Role of Watershed Rules and Regulations” Presented by CDRPC and Cayuga County Planning (CM# 9217025)
Thanks to our partners!