Hands-On Solar Workshop for Municipalities in Orange County
Join the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority Clean Energy Communities (CEC) team on October 26, 2018 from 9:45 A.M. to 3:15 P.M. for a tour of solar installations located in Orange County. This bus tour will include visits to solar installations in three communities and will include learnings around public support, siting, connectivity, and project financing issues.
The unique challenges encountered and, ultimately, the benefits captured from each of these projects will also be discussed in the context of these recently and successfully developed installations. The projects include a 66 kW solar array sited behind a town hall and 2 larger systems of approximately 2 MW each – one sited on a municipal capped landfill and the other offsetting the electricity usage of an entire school district.
This hands-on workshop will afford plenty of opportunity for questions and engagement with fellow municipal officials. Lunch will be provided. No rain date is scheduled.
· 9:45 A.M. – Meet at Orange County Fire Training Center, 9 Training Center Ln, New Hampton, NY 10958
· 10:00 A.M. – Board Bus & Introductions
· David Church, Orange County Planning Commissioner
· Carla Castillo, Regional Clean Energy Communities Program Director, Hudson Valley Regional Council
· Tour Locations-
· Warwick Valley Central School District with Timothy Holmes, Assistant Superintendent for Business
· Wawayanda Town Hall with John Razzano, Town Supervisor
· Town of Walkill Landfill with Louis J. Ingrassia Jr., Commissioner, Town of Wallkill Department of Public Works
· 3:15 P.M. – Return to Orange County Fire Training Center
Those interested in the event can register here.
For more information, contact:
Courtney Strong, Inc.