CFA Process and Local Support
Governor Cuomo’s transformative Regional Economic Development Councils Round IX consolidated funding application (CFA) process opened May 1 and Capitalize Albany staff is available to assist applicants. More than $750 million in state economic development resources will be made available.
Capitalize Albany Corporation is available to coordinate letters of support from the Mayor and resolutions from the City of Albany Common Council. Applicants that plan on requesting a letter of support or require a municipal resolution must complete the Project Intake Form available here and return it to Capitalize Albany by June 26. It is important to note that not all programs require a formal resolution, so please be sure to review your identified funding source very carefully prior to application. All final applications must be submitted to the State by 4 p.m. on July 26.
Contact Capitalize Albany staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the above information. You can also learn more by visiting http://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/ and the Capital Region Council’s website at https://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/capital-region.
Important Resources and Local CFA Process Information
• May 1 – Application period opens.
• May 8 – Capital Region CFA Workshop at Hudson Valley Community College
• May 15 – City of Albany Common Council Caucus (Capitalize Albany Presentation)
• TBD | Late May/Early June – (CFA Roundtable) Local Capitalize Albany coordinated CFA workshop at City Hall.
• June 12 – Capital Region CFA Workshop at Proctors
• June 26 – Project Intake Forms due to Capitalize Albany, including resolution and letter of support requests
• July 10 – Common Council Caucus Meeting – Presentation for CFA applications seeking the Council’s support
• July 15 – Full Common Council Meeting
• July 26, 4 p.m. – Application period closes. All applications must be submitted by this time.
• October – Scoring by CREDC complete
• December – Awards are announced
New York State’s materials – http://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/
Capital Region Council’s website – https://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/capital-region
CFA Workshops – http://www.regionalcouncils.ny.gov/capital-region/resources?type=71