The Capital District Regional Planning Commission (CDRPC) is a regional planning and resource center serving Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, and Schenectady counties. CDRPC supports economic development, human services, planning, sustainability, and water-quality programs that have intermunicipal or regional impact. CDRPC provides objective analysis of data, trends, opportunities, and challenges relevant to the Region’s economic development and planning communities. CDRPC serves the best interests of the public and private sectors by promoting intergovernmental cooperation; communicating, collaborating, and facilitating regional initiatives; and sharing information and fostering dialogues on solutions to regional problems.
SCOPE OF WORK:
CDRPC seeks an energetic and enthusiastic Planning Intern who will work primarily with program staff on a wide variety of tasks including general administration, communications, and program implementation. CDRPC program areas include: regional analytics and data analysis, water quality, economic development, sustainability/clean energy, and human services.
• Assist tracking projects, deadlines, and deliverables
• Provide assistance researching, reviewing, writing, and editing reports, plans, and technical assistance materials
• Assist the staff in communications including developing content for web and social media
• Assemble and edit CDRPC’s digital communications and email newsletter
• Assist program staff on filing, record keeping, organization of program materials
• Maintain databases
• Assist with grant applications, reports, and vouchers
• Assist with GIS database development, mapping and analysis
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, Adobe Suite, and WordPress
• Experience with GIS
• Excellent writing, verbal, and presentation skills
• Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on complex projects with multiple deadlines
• Enrolled in an accredited Master’s degree program in planning, public administration or a related field. Exceptional Undergraduate candidates with a compatible academic and work experience will also be considered.
$12-14 per hour
15-29 hours per week, flexible schedule. Internship is initially for May-August with potential continuation for additional semester(s).
Please submit a resume and cover letter by Wednesday, May 8, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDRPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer