Southeast New York Stormwater Conference – Call for Presentations
October 18, 2017 – Dutchess Manor – Beacon, NY
Call for Presentations – DEADLINE EXTENDED
The 17th annual Southeast New York Stormwater Conference is set for Wednesday, October 18, 2017. The conference provides an opportunity for municipal officials and staff as well as stormwater professionals to learn about stormwater management and related subjects from experts working in southeast NY and beyond. The Lower Hudson Coalition of Conservation Districts is currently accepting proposals for presentations. Topics should be generally related to stormwater management, and could include:
- Strategic planning for green infrastructure implementation
- Design/construction of green infrastructure practices
- Maintenance/monitoring of green infrastructure practices
- Implementing MS4 programs/6 Minimum Control Measures
- Riparian restoration and management techniques
- Watershed and stream management
- Policy aspects of stormwater management
- Erosion and sediment control
- Flood hazard mitigation/climate resilience through stormwater management
Interested presenters should submit a proposal to LHCCD Coordinator Michael Jastremski at firstname.lastname@example.org by Close of Business on July 26th, 2017.
Please use the following guidelines when developing your proposal:
- Include a title, presenter(s) name(s) and affiliation(s), and a 1-2 paragraph abstract.
- The target audience for the conference is municipal officials and staff, as well as design professionals (engineers, landscape architects, etc.). Please indicate if your presentation is geared towards any of these audiences in particular.
- Case studies are encouraged where they provide regionally applicable results or lessons learned.
- Presentations should be scalable to 30 or 60 minutes in length.
- Presentations that are intended solely to promote a specific product or business will not be selected.
- Presenters are offered complimentary admission to the conference. No other compensation or reimbursement is available.
Proposals will be reviewed by the conference planning committee of the LHCCD. Notifications will be sent no later than July 21, 2017 via email.
If your proposal is selected, please note that you will be asked to submit a draft presentation and supporting materials suitable for obtaining accreditation for PEs and LAs no later than 40 days before the conference (September 8th, 2017)