Job Opening: Regional Planner/Analyst
Capital District Regional Planning Commission
The Capital District Regional Planning Commission (CDRPC) in Albany, NY is seeking applicants for a full‐time position as a Regional Planner/Analyst. A range of planning and analytical skills are required, with a focus on data analysis to support our planning, economic development and water quality programs. The position will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, and communicating data; serving as a resource for data users; undertaking school enrollment projections; and making public presentations. Other duties will include writing and reviewing reports, conducting research, and other special projects.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Responsible for investigating, analyzing, and communicating data from secondary sources, including statistical analysis
- Provide training services on accessing, using, and analyzing a variety of data sets
- Provide technical assistance to regional municipalities and organizations
- Participate in task forces related to regional planning and water quality activities and initiatives
- Data analysis of various public data sources including census, bureau of labor statistics, NYS data, etc
- Conducting school enrollment projections, writing reports, and presenting to school boards
- Report and short article writing regarding demographic, economic, and other data topics
- Data visualization using Arcmap, ArcGis StoryMap, Excel, Tableau, etc
- Database and visualizations management
- Social media management and simple graphic design
- Simple coding and website management
- Work under the direction of the Director of Water Quality Programs to review source water protection plans, and develop recommendations to protect drinking water
- Review and develop model local code and programs to help communities implement water conservation and stormwater mitigation strategies.
Qualifications: The minimum qualifications for the position include: a Master’s degree or equivalent experience in planning, economic development, policy, public administration or related field; at least one year of experience in planning, economic development, public administration or related field; proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience with ArcGIS, Tableau, IMPLAN, and WordPress preferred; strong interpersonal skills and comfortable making presentations to small and large audiences; self‐starter who can demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness; strong writing skills; and familiarity with state and federal data sources preferred.
- Mid-$40,000 to low-$60,000 depending on education and experience. Includes robust health care benefits, membership in the New York State and Local Retirement System, FSA/Dependent Care savings account, Paid Family Leave, and access to the NYS Deferred Compensation Plan.
CDRPC is an Equal Opportunity employer and follows Affirmative Action policies. Qualified women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. All interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject “Regional Planner/Analyst” to email@example.com by Thursday, March 31, 2022.