- This event has passed.
Erastus Corning 2nd Awards for Intermunicipal Cooperation Award Ceremony
October 27, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm$17.75
The Capital District Regional Planning Commission’s (CDRPC) cordially invites you to attend this ceremony to celebrate the winners of the 2022 Erastus Corning, 2nd Achievement Awards for Intermunicipal Cooperation.
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/erastus-corning-2nd-awards-for-intermunicipal-cooperation-award-ceremony-tickets-432094595567
The Erastus Corning, 2nd Achievement Awards for Intermunicipal Cooperation recognize municipalities and organizations whose efforts have significantly contributed to the advancement of intermunicipal and interagency cooperation and regional planning. The award-winning initiatives, municipalities and organizations include:
- For Implementation of Bus Rapid Transit: Capital District Transportation Authority
- For The Schenectady County Solar Energy Consortium: Schenectady County and & DSD Renewables
- For the Albany County Community Sustainability Challenge: Albany County, Solarize Albany, Heat Smart Capital Region, and the Capital District Transportation Committee
This awards ceremony will begin at 6:30pm with brief introductions and opportunities for the awardees to speak.
The awards are named in honor of CDRPC’s first Chairman, Erastus Corning, 2nd, Mayor of the City of Albany from 1942-1983, and recognize initiatives that involved at least two local jurisdictions or entities within the four-county region. Nominations were reviewed by a Committee and evaluated using the following criteria:
- The project has achieved significant benefits, efficiency or cost-savings;
- Involves two or more local entities, municipalities non-profits etc.;
- Community involvement and support;
- Degree of innovative solutions to overcome challenges. For individual awards, the nomination must demonstrate the individual’s significant contribution to advancing intermunicipal partnerships.
The committee included representatives from the Capital District Planners Association, Capital District Transportation Committee, University at Albany Department of Geography and Planning, the New York Planning Federation, New York State Department of State.
Food will be provided throughout the evening. Awardees are provided with a code to register up to five (5x) complementary attendees. Cash bar.
The menu is as follows:
- Tuscan Table, Wood Fired Vegetables, Hummus, Imported Cheese
- Dried Fruits, Nuts, Flat Breads
Assorted Wood Fired Pizzas:
- Navona Pizza, Crushed Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil
- Mr. Bill Pizza, Fennel Salami, Meatball, Tomatoes, Shredded Mozzarella
- Cheese Puddle, Ricotta, Caciocavallo, Pecorino, Fresh Mozzarella, Garlic Oil
- Mini Mary’s Meatballs Skewers
- Marinated Chicken Satay
- Assorted Mini Dessert Shooters, Flavors (TBD)
Parking is available on street (New Scotland and Ontario) and behind the restaurant. The Restaurant is on the CDTA 13 Route and a short walk from the 100 Route.
This event is made possible in part by generous support from Hodgson Russ, LLP.