Now Hiring: Regional Planner/Analyst
The Capital District Regional Planning Commission is hiring for a full‐time position as a Regional Planner/Analyst. A range of planning and analytical skills are required, with a focus on data analysis to support our economic development and water quality programs. The position will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, and communicating data; serving as a resource for data users; undertaking school enrollment projections, and making public presentations. Other duties will include writing and reviewing reports, conducting research, and other special projects.
The responsibilities listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Responsible for investigating, analyzing, and communicating data from secondary sources, including statistical analysis
- Provide written analysis of data related to economic development, water quality, and human services in the form of reports or articles
- Provide training services on accessing, using, and analyzing a variety of data sets
- Respond to queries from local and regional individuals and entities for data
- Participate in task forces related to Regional planning activities and initiatives
- Responsible for performing school enrollment projections for local school districts
The minimum qualifications for the position include: a Master’s degree or equivalent experience in planning, economic development, public administration or related field; at least one year of experience in planning, economic development, public administration or related field; proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience with ArcGIS, Tableau, IMPLAN, and WordPress preferred; strong interpersonal skills and comfortable making presentations to small and large audiences; self‐starter who can demonstrate initiative and can work with minimal direction; strong report writing and editing skills; and familiarity with state and federal data (e.g. NYSDOL, NYSDOH, iPEDS, BEA, BLS, Census) sources preferred.
- Mid-$40,000 to mid-$50,000 depending on education and experience. Includes health care benefits and membership in the New York State and Local Retirement System.
CDRPC is an Equal Opportunity employer and follows Affirmative Action policies. Qualified women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. All interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject “Regional Planner/Analyst” to email@example.com by Monday, August 20, 2018.