The Capital District Regional Planning Commission serves as the manager of the Eastern Upstate New York Territory for the Clean Energy Communities Program, which is being delivered through a unique partnership of regional agencies that administer the program in four New York State Economic Development Council Regions: the North Country, Mohawk Valley, Capital Region, and Mid-Hudson regions. In addition to CDRPC, the Eastern Upstate NY Territory Team includes the Adirondack North Country Association, the Mohawk Valley Economic Development District and the Hudson Valley Regional Council. The Team is also supported by Climate Action Associates, LLC and Courtney Strong, Inc.
CDRPC helps local governments in the Capital Region deploy NYSERDA’s Clean Energy Communities program to implement clean energy actions, save energy costs, create jobs, and improve the environment. In addition to providing tools, resources, and technical assistance, the program recognizes and rewards leadership for the completion of clean energy projects.
Local governments can work alongside their local Clean Energy Community Coordinator to determine which four of the 10 High Impact Actions to implement to earn Clean Energy Community designation and qualify for grant funding.
At no cost to the local government, CDRPC is available to help local leaders:
- Develop and prioritize clean energy goals
- Access guidance resources such as templates for legislation, procurement and contracts
- Take advantage of available funding and technical assistance opportunities
Todd Fabozzi, Program Director
(518) 453-0850 x30
Jill Falchi, Clean Energy Community Coordinator
(518) 453-0850 x29
Tara Donadio, Clean Energy Community Coordinator
(518) 453-0850 x32
The following are program resources that have been developed by the Eastern Upstate New York Territory Team:
- CEC Newsletter Q4 2016
- CEC Newsletter Q1 2017
- CEC Newsletter Q2 2017
- CEC Newsletter Q3 2017
- CEC Newsletter Q4 2017
- CEC Newsletter Q1 2018
- CEC Newsletter Q2 2018
- 9/23/16 Clean Energy Communities Program Overview
- 11/9/16 Clean Fleets, An Achievable High-Impact Action
- 1/25/17 Benchmarking Your Building’s Energy Use
- 6/7/17 LED Street Lights: Can Your Community Afford to Wait?
- 9/17 Maximizing Your Municipal Building’s Energy Efficiency Slideshow and Video
- 11/17 Municipalities on the Move: Energy Efficiency Agenda and Slideshow
- 2/28/18 A Look at Clean Energy Communities Projects Under Way Slides and Video
- 5/23/18 Strategies to Launch a Successful Community Solar Project: Agenda, Slides, and Video
- Nov. 1, 2016: PACE Workshop in Mohawk, NY
- February 14, 2017: Community Choice Aggregation at TEC-SMART: Agenda, Slides and Event Video
- May 9, 2017: Buying Power 101 Presentation and Buying Power 101 Video Presentation
- August 9, 2017: LED Street Lights: Procurement, Technology and Regulatory Issues for Municipalities Video Presentation
- January 10, 2018 EV workshop: Paving the Way for Electric Vehicles Presentation
Outreach Coordinators in the Eastern Upstate New York Territory
Adirondack North Country Assn.
Mohawk Valley Economic Development District
Hudson Valley Regional Council