Now Hiring: Planning and Economic Development Program Manager
The Capital District Regional Planning Commission (CDRPC) is seeking applicants for a full‐time position as a Planning and Economic Development Program Manager to join our team at the Capital District Regional Planning Commission in Albany, New York. This position involves the advanced application of planning and management skills in a collaborative team office environment.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Manage and coordinate ongoing responsibilities associated with the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) per the US Economic Development Administration (EDA) Program requirements
- Manage and administer the Capital Region Foreign-Trade Zone
- Maintain and develop new partnerships to support regional economic development initiatives
- Provide technical support to economic development entities in the region, including economic impact analysis
- Monitor, maintain and update statistical data and visualizations on the CDRPC website
- Conduct data analysis and data visualization relevant to community/ regional planning
- Provide technical assistance to communities related to planning, zoning and other matters related to land use and development or environmental protection.
Qualifications: The minimum qualifications for this position include: a Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in planning, economic development, public administration or related field; at least 5 to 7 years of experience in planning, economic development, public administration or related fields; depth of knowledge of local and regional planning issues and best practices; proficiency in Microsoft Office; strong communication, analytical, problem-solving, and organization skills; familiarity with state and federal data; self‐starter who can demonstrate initiative and can work with minimal direction; and the ability to speak effectively in a meeting setting and manage multiple tasks. Knowledge and experience with databases, IMPLAN and Tableau and familiarity with economic development matters is preferred. Professional certification such as AICP is a plus.
Compensation: High-$50,000’s to Low-$70,000s depending upon education and experience.
CDRPC’s total compensation package includes generous leave benefits (11 holidays and paid vacation, sick and personal leave); a comprehensive health insurance program including health, prescription drug, dental and vision plans; membership in the NYS and Local Retirement System–a defined retirement plan and voluntary participation in the New York State Deferred Compensation Plan- 457(b) retirement plan.
CDRPC is an Equal Opportunity employer and follows Affirmative Action policies. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: All interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject “Planning and Economic Development Program Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To learn more about the Capital District Regional Planning Commission visit our web site at http://cdrpc.org.