The Capital District Regional Planning Commission is seeking applicants for a fulltime position as Sustainability Planner. The successful applicant will work under the direction of the Director of Sustainability to carry out outreach and technical support tasks related to the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority’s (NYSERDA) Clean Energy Communities program.
Duties under the Clean Energy Communities program will entail serving as a Clean Energy Coordinator, conducting outreach and delivering technical assistance services and guidance to communities interested in pursuing actions related to the Clean Energy Communities program. Specifically the duties will include:
- Assist local governments with understanding and completing the required actions to become a designated Clean Energy Community.
- Assist local governments in benchmarking the energy use of municipal buildings and assisting communities in reducing greenhouse gas emissions through energy efficiency upgrades and renewable energy projects.
- Assist local governments to become Climate Smart Communities Certified.
- Assist local governments in adopting model codes and streamlined clean energy permitting processes.
- Assist communities in increasing the deployment of alternative fuel vehicles and associated fueling infrastructure.
- Assist local governments in preparing for community solar development.
- Assist local governments with Community Choice Aggregation.
- Conduct local on-site training and workshops to groups of interested local officials and community stakeholders on specific clean energy topics.
- Identify and connect communities with relevant clean energy programs and grant opportunities.
- Maintain information on partnerships, meetings, referrals, and other activities through regular reporting and the use Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
Minimum qualifications are a Master’s Degree in urban planning, environmental science, geography or a related field and one year of experience or, a Bachelor’s Degree in urban planning, environmental science, geography or a related field, three years’ experience in sustainability, energy or urban planning. Must be personable, able to work independently, motivated to take the initiative to make new contacts and engage communities; knowledgeable about clean energy, climate action planning, NY State local government operations, and NYSERDA programs; and must have strong organizational, writing, and public speaking skills. The position requires that you have your own vehicle and will require regular off-site travel, including evening meetings. Salary: $45,000 to $55,000 depending upon experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Sustainability
Capital District Regional Planning Commission
1 Park Place, Suite 102
Albany, NY 12205
firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are accepted).
Response Deadline: 4PM, May 4, 2018.